To understand the biodiversity of amphibians and reptiles from Southern California and Baja California using both museum collection data and observations from citizen scientists.
The Amphibian and Reptile Atlas of Peninsular California is a binational effort to bring biodiversity information to your fingertips. We intend to grow and refine the atlas resources as database sharing becomes more developed.
We believe that...
- Biodiversity data should be easily discoverable.
- Data publishers should be cited, giving credit where credit is due.
- The website is copyrighted by the San Diego Natural History Museum, but individual creative content (e.g. images, sound files) are licensed as CC-BY-NC, unless otherwise stated.
- Conservation of amphibian and reptile diversity is important and species with a protected status may have specific locality information obscured.
- Users should use the information in an ethical and responsible manner.